The Multicenter Chemistry Post-Graduate Program of Minas Gerais state(PPGMQ-MG) is composed of public universities in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Offering masters and doctorate courses in chemistry, the programme allows the students to carry out their studies at any of the participating Associate Institutions across the entire state. The programme aims to advance knowledge in chemistry and train future teachers and researchers with problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to new challenges that chemists face in either the classroom or in the laboratory. Furthermore, our courses aim to provide new competencies to graduate students in order to meet the growing demand for qualified chemists in the both the private and public sector.
This program consists of Supporting Institutions (SI) and Associate Institutions (AI): SI provide access to research facilities and offer complementary learning modules. The AI are primarily responsible for the supervision of research activities and ministering course modules.
- Federal University of Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
- Federal University of Alfenas (UNIFAL)
- Federal University of Uberlandia (UFU)
- Federal University of Lavras (UFLA, Lavras),
- Federal University of São João del Rei (UFSJ, Campuses: São João del Rei, Divinópolis, Alto Paraopeba and Sete Lagoas),
- Federal University of Itajubá (UNIFEI, Campuses Itajubá and Itabira),
- Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro (UFTM, Uberaba).
- Federal University of the Jequitinhonha and Mucuri Valleys (UFVJM, Campuses Diamantina and Teófilo Otoni),
- Federal University of Viçosa (UFV, Campuses: Viçosa, Rio Paranaíba and Florestal),
- Federal University of Ouro Preto (UFOP, Ouro Preto),
- Federal Center of Technological Education of Minas Gerais State (CEFET-MG, Belo Horizonte).
Composition of General Collegiate
The General Colegiate consists of:
- Course Coordinator and a Vice-Coordinator elected by the faculty members;
- General Coordinator of the “Rede Mineira of Chemistry” (RQ-MG)
- One representative from each Supporting Institution,
- The Local Coordinator for each Associated Institution;
- A representative of the Post-Graduate Students.
Associate Institution Collegiate
The Local Collegiate is composed of:
- Local coordinator;
- All participating faculty members
- A representative of the Post-graduate students of the AI.
- provide expertise in all sub-areas of chemistry, preparing students to perform research activities in industry, government service and/or teach at higher and further education institutions;
- through the research experience gained from participation in research projects, the students will learn to integrate knowledge with critical thinking and articulate scientific information through written and oral communication;
- to encourage research, collaboration and exchange between researchers and students across the state of Minas Gerais;
- Preparative Inorganic Chemistry
- Electrochemistry and Electrocatalysis
- Molecular spectroscopy
- Materials Science
- Physical Chemistry of Solids and Interfaces
- Development and Application of Analytical Methods
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Structural determination of Amorphous and Crystalline Solids
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Electroanalytic Chemistry and Development of Sensors
- Physical Chemistry of Macromolecules and Colloids
The laboratories at both the Supporting and Associate Institutions are well-equipped with scientific equipment and provide a safe and pleasant environment for the students to carry out their research activities.
Examples of Equipments: NMR (300 and 500 MHz); HRMS; Raman; HPLC; CG/MS; Infrared, UV-Vis; Electrophoresis, etc.
The selection process is conducted twice per year and involves an entrance exam that covers general chemistry questions. Candidates who obtain a score of 50% and above are able to enrol on to the course and apply for a studentship. To learn more about the selection process, interested candidates should send an email to the Program Coordinator.
Prof. Dr. Mauro Vieira de Almeida (UFJF) General Coordinator of the Program E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Profa. Dra. Juliana Fedoce Lopes (UNIFEI) General Sub-Coordinator of the Program Email: email@example.com